Finding the Right Plastic Surgeon
Credentials and Experience
When looking for a plastic surgeon in Pacific Palisades, finding a doctor with the proper credentials and experience is essential. A prime example is Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, who is board-certified in Surgery and Plastic Surgery and a member of numerous national and international plastic surgery organizations.
Dr. Teitelbaum's credentials are not limited to surgery, as he's also known for bringing science into aesthetic surgery. He has vast experience teaching, speaking, and contributing to research in the field. For example, Dr. Teitelbaum has:
- Given lectures on five continents
- Taught at the world's largest and most significant aesthetic surgery meeting
- Participated in multiple research trials
- Written book chapters and journal articles
- Instructed final-year plastic surgery residents at UCLA
Upon selecting a qualified plastic surgeon like Dr. Teitelbaum, it's crucial to have reasonable expectations about your consultation. The surgeon will:
Evaluate your concerns and provide an individualized plan, considering your needs and desires.
- Explain the various techniques available for your chosen procedure, and recommend the best approach for your anatomy and desired goals.
- Discuss your surgery's potential risks, benefits, recovery process, and expected outcomes.
- Going into your consultation with an understanding of the surgeon's credentials and experience and realistic expectations for the consulting process will ensure that you find the right plastic surgeon for your needs.